Friday, June 18, 2004

Employment Blues

Well, today I went to take a test to determine if I can handle becoming a bank teller. Keep in mind that I have been a bank teller before at two different banks. Since my last teller job, I have graduated with honors from our local community college. (I'm not saying this to brag, it's part of the point I'm making.)



When I applied for my first bank teller job, I had originally applied for a position as a receptionist. Just for the heck of it, they asked me to take the teller test and I passed with flying colors. As a result I became a bank teller.



Today I took the same test again. I thought that I did well. Until I arrived at home to receive emails telling me not once, but FOUR TIMES that I did not get the job! (Wow, I must have done rather poorly if they felt they had to tell me FOUR TIMES that I didn't get the job!!!)



So, with no experience and nothing more than a highschool diploma, I landed a bank teller job...TWICE! Then, I go through three years of torture in college, attain my degree, AND I CAN'T GET A JOB THAT I GOT WITH NOTHING MORE THAN A HIGHSCHOOL DIPLOMA!!!!!!!!!!!



I am trying to convince myself that this is simply because I am over qualified. Yes, that's it! I am OVER qualified. There. I feel much better now. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment