Friday, January 30, 2004

I'm Psyched!

Wooooooohoooooooooooooooooooo!



I got 'em! I got 'em!



Third Day & Tobymac tickets! YAY!



It wasn't easy either. First, I made sure to arrive in plenty of time to be first in line! I wanted to get good seats, not only for me, but for the person who entrusted me to get her tickets too.



I arrived at the Oman Arena box office at 9:15am. I had never been there before, so I drove around trying to find what appeared to be the main entrance. I found one and parked Jeepers. I walked up and tried to go in, but found the doors locked. I thought I'll hang around until they open at 9:30 and it looks promising because I am the only one here! Cool! (Although I am hoping that Jackson will support this concert because we don't see a lot of "big names" here. If we show support, hopefully we will start to see more.) 9:30am came and went. I noticed one woman approach the locked doors and then she quickly left when she couldn't get in.



Well, I waited until 9:45am and was getting a bit irritated because there were no signs of life. I thought to try Davis Kidd Booksellers who is responsible for selling tickets to local events. When I walked in I noticed that about midway through the store was an Information Desk. I made my way around the store and in the process attempted to take off my clip-on sunglasses because as I just came in from the bright sun, I couldn't see a thing! I struggled with those clip-ons until I got one side off, but the other side was really stuck. Then one of the lenses popped out. I must have looked awful foolish fiddling with my glasses that was, turning my head this way and that and just trying to see where I was going! LOL I picked up the wayward lens and and snapped it back into place. I walked to the back Information Desk and realized I now only had one glove. So, I immediately began retracing my steps and lo and behold, my glove was front and center in the middle of the floor at the main entrance. Right about where I was fooling with my sunglasses. So, I asked the first employee I saw..."Do you sell tickets to local events here?" and the woman said "If you need Third Day tickets we won't have them in until around noon." I replied "Oh, ok, I was at the Oman Arena box office and they weren't open." She said rather disgustedly "oh, they don't sell until the day of the event. You can get tickets now at the Civic Center." With a "thank you" I was off! I also think that it was a good sign that she answered my Third Day question without me having to ask...when I do that for my customers it often indicates that it is the "question of the day", that I have been asked the same question so many times that the answer is "at the ready". I took it as a good sign that Jackson is supporting this concert! YES!



So, I backtracked past the Oman, to the Civic Center. Jackson just doesn't look the same on that part of town since the tornadoes last year. All my landmarks are gone, but it was encouraging to see new building going on.



At the Civic Center I entered the front door and again had to pry my sunglasses off to see my way around. Man, those things just aren't easy to deal with!



I GOT THE TICKETS! Not bad seats either! Row 3, Section GG!



I hope my friend Nikki is pleased with those! (We opted to avoid the floor seats because that is standing only and I need a chair!) I'm sure I'll be standing through most of the concert anyway, but I can't imagine not having a seat if I wanted one. I think these are excellent seats and I'M SO EXCITED!



Wooooohooooooooooooooooo!!!!! IT'S GONNA RAAAAAAAAAWK!

No comments:

Post a Comment