Tuesday, January 06, 2004

Routine

I got the Christmas decorations put away for the most part yesterday. Funny, it only takes a few hours to decorate, but it takes all day to put the stuff away! The house seems kind of bland today but it's nice to have that job out of the way. The decor seems to lose it's flavor with each passing day after Christmas and once the New Year celebration is over, well, it just loses it's magic...weird. I feel better though. I was feeling melancholy looking at the remnants of Christmas every day but, now, the kids are having their first day back to school and I feel a bit of routine bringing order back to life again.



I enjoyed the days off and the sleeping in. It was nice. Like Dave said on Sunday, "The mornings were beginning later and later." It was time for things to get back in order again. I didn't mind getting up this morning (except for crawling out from my nice warm electric blanket). Man it has gotten cold!



So, this is a week for me to unwind. I will enjoy my last few days at home without the kids here before I have to head back to the chaos and stress of school myself. I really hope this semester is easy on me. Last semester was tough due to the surgery and migraine complications I had. However, by God's grace I got through and still made the honor roll. I wasn't happy about my C in Spanish though. It was mainly due to the fact that I maintained a B the entire semester but it dropped to a C by one question on the final...a half a point on my final average. ARrrrggghhh! This is my last semester before I get my first degree and then I have to figure out where to go from there. That will be up to God...I'm really at a crossroads in life but, that's another blog.



So, next week it's really back to the grind. I will be attending a night class and a late afternoon class which is a switch and complicates life a bit since the kids are in school and will be participating in soccer this semester. However, I'll manage around it as usual. I'm looking forward to a class in painting that I am taking (just to get in the hours I need to fulfill the requirement). I also have to take music appreciation...blah blah. I appreciate music! So that should qualify me for an automatic A and I shouldn't have to fulfill that requirment right? Wrong. Anyhow, I'm hoping that this semester will be less stressful than the ones in the past.



Okay, I've jabbered on long enough. I'm going to go and veg for awhile.



Believers, live so that others will see Christ in you today.



Shine



Father, I pray for all who visit this site, for those who know you, that you would draw them into a deeper relationship with You. For those who don't, I pray that you would bestow that blessing upon them.

No comments:

Post a Comment