Saturday, January 17, 2004

Hmmmmmmm, What Class Shall I Take?

It's a new "semester" at NBU and I'm deciding what class I might enjoy.



I did go to "Who is Jesus? The Doctrine of Christ" course last Wednesday. We had some interesting discussion about who Jesus is and by the end of the course, the instructor would like for us to be able to have a ready answer to the question "Who do you say that I Am?". I'm pondering that as I read scripture and discover new Truths about Him. I know Who Jesus is, but I want to be able to not just "know", but state to anyone who may ask me. It was interesting to hear the different names we have for Him: Redeemer, Suffering Servant, Son of God, Son of Man, Second Person of the Trinity,etc.... I want to have a concise answer that encompasses all that He is to me. I think that is what will make it difficult to do! He is sooooooooooooooo much!



Come Spring "Semester" I have a lot of available choices but I am probably going with the study Men and Women in Biblical Perspective. It should be interesting to study what the Bible says roles for women and men are in the home, church and society. I do not fit the "normal" role for most women...hmmmmmm, maybe I'm not biblical! Guess I'll find out! So I ordered a copy of When Life and Beliefs Collide by Carolyn Custis James.



I am blessed that God put me in a church where I have so many educational options! Wooohoooooooooo! \o/

No comments:

Post a Comment