Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Some New Tunes

I finally got some new music to listen to, so I thought I'd share a few thoughts about some CDs.



* Tait - LOVE IT! GET IT! I like this CD better than the first offering from Michael Tait of DC Talk. It seems to have more continuity as a complete album and the tunes are very melodic with some great beats coming from the bass and drummer. It's tough right now to get me to take it out of the in-store player at work!



* Casting Crowns - LOVE IT! GET IT! This CD contains the CCM hit song "If We Are the Body", which I would call one of the weaker songs on the album. This CD is filled with wonderful, worshipful lyrics that really make the listener think and ponder the awe of God. I find many lyrics to be quite convicting. This is a great CD to add to your collection as a good adult pop/rock CD as well as great praise and worship music.



* Todd Agnew - "Grace Like Rain" is a beautiful poetic song and Agnew has a very full voice to carry off the rocker "This Fragile Breathe". I enjoy these two songs, but the rest of the CD is "egh". Not too impressive to me. There is potential for Agnew, but I found this CD to be one that is kind of stale and has not too much here to jump out and catch the listener.



* Warren Barfield - Now this guy caught my attention with "My Heart Goes Out", a song about noticing the pain in another person's eyes, a stranger's, and not being real sure about what to do. You want to share God's love, but you fear their reaction. I also enjoy Barfield singing about "wanting to be mistaken"...be mistaken for Jesus Christ. I am constantly concerned with people seeing Jesus in me, and this song just really speaks volumes. You can listen to Barfield explain the story behind the song here (you'll have to hit "play", it won't start automatically), and I found it to be rather moving. I encourage you to give it a listen if you have about 2 minutes. This is a good CD for you to check out if you like softer adult rock music.



So that's it for now!



No comments:

Post a Comment