Wednesday, January 25, 2006

A Winter Dandelion

dandelion This is a picture of the dandelion we found growing in our yard today. It is the middle of winter here in Tennessee. I guess you can say it has been a pretty mild winter for us so far, and the dandelions agree!

I like dandelions! Aren't they a happy flower?

What? You say, they are weeds? How can such a happy little flower be a weed? Who determines what is a weed and what is a flower? God created it all!

Dandelions always mean warmth to me. They remind me of when I was a kid growing up in Ohio. Dandelions meant warm weather and summertime, and they still mean that to me now.

When we were leaving the house, Katie was all excited, bent down, and then rose holding this dandelion with a big smile on her face. There was another one there too, but it was all seeds and blew away before I was able to get the camera. She said "smell the air" and said "it smells like flowers!" and then held the dandelion to my nose and said "I smelled THIS!" The weirdo.

We then determined who liked butter! NOT! ;-)

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment