Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Management Positions Available

I am currently in the unfortunate situation of having to find a replacement for my assistant manager and I've always been looking for good part-time manager help. My assistant will NOT be easy to replace AT ALL!

Anyway, here are some questions I get from people interested in work...mind you, this is for a management postition:
  1. What does management do?
  2. What is retail?
  3. What is a keyholder?
  4. What does "prior experience" mean?
*rolls eyes* If one has to ask these questions, why are they applying for this position?

Today I answered one young man's question "what does management do?" by listing things like "inventory management, loss prevention, human resources, training, merchandising, etc." He looked at me like I was speaking an entirely different language and then said "oh, I don't think I'm ready for that." I said "probably not".

UGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment