Sunday, August 15, 2004

Family Reunion

I am blogging from my parent's house in Medina, OH. I'm home on vacation and today was our family's first ever family reunion.



My uncle bought himself 18 acres of prime real estate in Carrollton, OH this year and we figured a family reunion would make good use of that land! So, we all met at his place today and reunited. Actually, I met most of the people for the first time, so we weren't really REunited, we were simply united! I met 4 second cousins I didn't know I had. Pretty sad considering the oldest was about 30 years old!



I met a few great uncles too. The best part though was seeing my sisters, my Uncle Ronnie from Madison, WI and my Uncle Bob whose place we were meeting at. I also met my first cousin Marcella, who is now 9 years old. I had never met her...but she was born in New Mexico? Tucson, AZ? One of those far away desert places which is why I never met her. She's lived so far from me. I really had fun talking with Ron, Holly and Marcy. Hearing the name Marcy brought back memories of my great Aunt Marcella (Marcy). I don't remember too much about my aunt except that she was a bundle of joy everytime I saw her and seemed like so much fun! Crazy fun is more like it!



My Uncle Ron has spent many hours scanning the thousands of slides, cleaning them up, and will eventually have them on discs for all of us. He brought along his laptop and we all sat around it viewing all the hundreds of pictures. It was different than we used to do. We used to find a seat, put up the projector screen and have a slide show presentation. Times have changed!



I talked some with my sister today while I was driving her to the airport. She needs so much prayer. She is one of those people that just keeps making life mistakes. I don't think she intends to, but she does. She gets herself into one mess after another. I feel bad for her because I really can't help her. She has to decide that she needs to stop doing the same things over and over and over. She did admit she does it...she's sought counseling in the past...but she needs it again, and she needs to continue seeking help from outside parties I think. It's so frustrating watching a beautiful, intelligent young woman keep making mistake after mistake.



I'm looking forward to spending some time with my parents tomorrow. I know that one thing I need to do is get to the auto parts store and get a replacement bulb for my brake light that blew. My uncle noticed it as I was backing out of the driveway to leave the reunion today.



Tuesday I have an appointment to meet up with my "Phillip". I'm really looking forward to that!



Well, time to get some rest. My eyeballs are moving back and forth really fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment