Saturday, February 07, 2004

The Passion of the Christ

The theaters here in Jackson were not planning to show the movie!



It seems the people in the area started calling to inquire about it being shown, and the theaters wisened up and will be showing it on it's opening day, Feb. 25. They were getting so many calls that the decision was made to sell advance tickets. Katie bought ours today. She bought 4 tickets, with the hope we will each be able to bring along a guest.



I'm excited to see this film, and nervous at the same time. I heard someone describing it on the Michael Reagan talk show last night and he kept saying "this film grabs you by the throat and doesn't let up...it's very intense. The only break you get are during the flashback scenes of Jesus' ministry." He said that some people were not able to cope with the brutality of the beatings and actually walked out of the screening.



When I told Katie about what I heard, she said "I can't believe that people couldn't handle it and walked out! He didn't walk out!"



I know it's going to be difficult. I know what Christ did for me on the cross. I know I put Him there. I think, from what I have heard, that this movie will allow me to "experience" and come to a new and better understanding of what Christ did for me. It will be intense I'm sure. My emotions will be intense, knowing that He suffered for my transgressions. I'm excited to see this film, yes, but also nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment