Wednesday, February 25, 2004

My Cross

For several years now I have carried the burden of a particular sin that I didn't feel worthy to be forgiven of. I repented immediately after committing that sin and even though I was forgiven by God the first time I asked, I have continued to repent for all these years. Not anymore because yesterday, I embraced my cross and the timing couldn't have been more perfect!



The last time I had the opportunity to lead somebody to Christ was just prior to committing that particular sin. Since then, I have had a dry spell. Today, after seeing The Passion, I led a friend to Christ. I will share more details later because I have a paper to write tonight and it's already late. I just had to comment because I was so happy that God delivered me from my sin of unforgiveness (even if it was against myself). But, as is the character of my precious Father, He went above and beyond anything I could ever deserve. He gave me a gift by using me to lead one precious lost soul to Him today. I can't stop thinking about the movie. I don't know what is going on inside me but something is truly changed and still changing. I have never felt so close to my Lord since the day I first committed my life to Him in 1985. I feel so utterly loved beyond anything words can say or my mind can fathom. I have learned so much from this experience. One thing I can't really put into words accurately is how much more I have learned about harboring unforgiveness in my heart and how I have no right to do that. I think that the unforgiveness did more damage than the sin itself. (This just now came to me). The enemy used guilt to keep me from giving all I had to God. I couldn't lead anybody to Christ.



If you have something that you are struggling with that you can't forgive yourself for, think about what I am saying. No matter what lies satan has told you about how unworthy you are, they are nothing more than that....lies...straight from Hell. You are hurting God, yourself, and countless others more by not forgiving yourself for something He took upon Himself on the cross. The unforgiveness is doing more damage than the sin you won't forgive yourself for. No, you are not worthy....but Christ died to deem you worthy...no matter what you have done or continue to do. Lay it down! Surrender. It is time to get on with your walk and give Him ALL of you. He gave all He had..don't deny Him that part of you anymore. Do you think that the life and death of Jesus Christ wasn't enough to pay for your salvation? Is that what you believe?



"No greater love than this...that you should lay down your life for someone such as me"...I can spend the rest of my life wondering why...and I will never be able to fathom how deep and wide and far His love is....for me.



Think about this....more later

No comments:

Post a Comment