Thursday, February 05, 2004

Extra Ingredient

My co-worker said "Sue, we need you in the back", but I was busy with a customer so I nodded that I heard, but it would be a minute.



Unfortunately, the customer's request was time-consuming and my co-worker came out of the back room again and said "Sue! We reeeeeaaaally need you back here!"



I wasn't going to leave my customer hanging while I went to see what I was needed in the backroom for, so I continued helping my customer although becoming quite curious about what was so important?



Again I heard "Sue, I really think you will want to see this." and she lightly chuckled as she re-entered the backroom. I was finally able to go see what all the fuss was about.



When Danielle went to get a hot chocolate, she got me one too. It's always too hot to drink right away, so I sipped it a bit before I set it down and headed out to the sales floor. While I was working the sales floor Danielle drank some of her hot chocolate.



When I entered the backroom, she said "look at my hot chocolate" so I did. I saw little specks of something...Then to my horror I realized that what I saw floating on the surface of the liquid and clinging to the inside wall of the Styrofoam cup were approximately a dozen or so dead ants!



Danielle said "I was drinking it and then there was something 'crunchy' and I opened my cup to look. I was thinking maybe chocolate flakes or something, so I had Brian verify what I was seeing. He said those flakes have legs...It looks like ants!"



So I immediately looked at my cup of hot chocolate...I didn't see any ants in mine, but you can bet I wasn't gonna drink it now!



Danielle took both cups back to the establishment where we got them and she said the girl called her manager at home and said "ummmmmmm, we've got an issue here". I'll say! LOL



We also learned something disturbing...They had had ants before and "thought they cleaned them all out". That scares me!



They gave each of us $10 in Gift Certificates...But I don't know when I'll be brave enough to use 'em! I'm so bummed, I loved that hot chocolate, it is sooooooooo good. Now I know why...It had an extra ingredient!

No comments:

Post a Comment