Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Unmotivated

I sure have been a bit unmotivated at work these days. I don't really know why. It actually could be because it is the first time in, well, possibly for as long as I have been a manager that the store is under control. I finally have a staff that takes some of the load off me. There are always things to do, but the pressure is really lifted. I am so blessed.



For years the workload was more than I could bear, and I had such staffing issues, that I was always overwhelmed with eight things to do at once. Now, we have tasks completed and things are running smoothly, except of course for the occasional abduction or shooting at the mall.



With things under control, there are actually times that I have to come up with things to do! I used to long for those moments...But, now I am doing it! Of course, I should probably cut hours, but that store really needs a cleaning and alphabetizing needs done all the time. It's nice to have the problem of having to come up with things to do, rather than run around wondering how the heck I am going to get everything done.



With things done, I am feeling unmotivated. It's like when you get to the top of the hill, where do you go next?



I'm not implying I am at the top, because I have ways to improve the store and make it even better. But, it sure is nice to stand on the "bridge" as "captain" and look out over the "ship" and fold my arms and say to myself "ahhhhh, this is good" and then I think...I wanna go home and play since everything is under control here!



A good manager surrounds himself/herself with good people.



It took me awhile, but it's done.



I've got good people!



Now I'm going to go play!

No comments:

Post a Comment