Thursday, January 02, 2003

Reflections and Resolutions

Author: Katie

On December 31, 2002.........last year, I spent the evening with my church family in the Gushee home. Together we shared the blessings and struggles of the previous year and discussed some things that we'd like to accomplish in 2003. I love my family and I can't think of a better way to bring in the new year. Because I have had so many blessings this year, I couldn't share them all. But, I can blog them!!!!!!!! So here it is (not necessarily in the order of importance).................

My church family and the fellowship and love between all of us.
My family here at home...Sue and the kids.
Finishing my first year back to school with a 3.6 average.
Being able to go to school.
Reading the Bible from cover to cover with Sue!!!
The road trip to Ohio and meeting another mentor of Sue's!
My friend, Mandy who kept my kids while Sue and I went on vacation.
The women's retreat and meeting Sandra Givens.......both changed my life.
Sandra Givens, who worked so hard with me to get me through algebra.
Scott Stookey who tutored me in biology.
Dinner with Sandra Givens in which God's presense was truly there.
The secret surprise for next Christmas.....sorry can't tell.
The trip to the Women of Faith Conference! THAT WAS GREAT!
Thanksgiving at the Gushees!!!!!! What an awesome time that was! I love that family!
The weekends the kids had with the Gushees
My lunches with Jeanie Gushee
The annual Covenant Renewal Banquet at Northbrook! I don't think I've ever had so much fun or laughed so hard at church!
Singing with the Northbrook Choir.
Joining the praise team at church!
Seeing the gift my daughter has by watching her perform interpretive movement at church.
Seeing the gift my daughter has by watching her sing with the ensemble and performing in "The Best Christmas Pagent Ever" with the Jackson Theatre Guild.
The smile I have on my face as I remember all my blessings.
Justin recieving the drum set from perfect strangers as a gift.
Watching Justin use that gift and God given talent as he played in the Christmas concert with the band from school.
Paul and Brian coming to do repairs on our house.
Harry dropping his own home to come and fix our broken storm door.
All of the help and love received from Harry and Paula
Having the opportunity to do something for the Jackson's who have done so much for us.
Working with Janet Jackson at Curves.
Going to lay hands at Betty Hopper's house
Singing Christmas carols to Betty.
Snow on Christmas Eve.
The gift of Christmas that came from Sue which provided for my kids to have an awesome Christmas.
Taking a basket of food to church and delivering those baskets to the needy.
Cherub participating in the basket delivery.
Being blessed by being on the giving end of the baskets this year only to go home with two baskets myself.
The learning and growing I received at Northbrook this year.
The visit at Mom's that went so well.
Answered prayer regarding Mom.
Answered prayer regarding Betty.
Every meal.
Every morning I woke up in my home.
The fact that it's snowing.......RIGHT NOW! WOOOHOOO! I LOVE SNOW! IT'S 4:09 PM AND IT'S SNOWING!!!!
I could go on forever so I guess I will stop here for now.

Now, for the New Year.......

I want to read through the Bible again.
I really hope that I'll improve my eating and exercise habits. So far it hasn't happened!
I want to write a book
I want to write out a new version of my testimony.
I want to learn how to be a better parent and spend more quality time with my family
There's more but my kids are home now so, it's time to go!
I hope to blog something more interesting later.

I think I might blog about the red rash and blue bruise......
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment