Sunday, January 05, 2003

Sunday...Church Day

YAY! It was soooooooo good to be in church again. I miss it soooooooooo much over the holidays. Every year it's the same for those of us in retail. Work every Sunday from Thanksgiving through Christmas. I love the "rush" of the shopping season and all the sales, but the part about missing worship service stinks. I miss it a lot and my walk suffers a bit.

Today was great. Back in my seat. Met a new couple too! I make it a point to find somebody new each week and introduce myself and learn about them. It's the Northbrook way! We are challenged to reach out to people and establish relationships. Everyone gets invited to join us again for a service and possibly connect with a SaLT group. There's no "push" on people, but we do inform about what Northbrook has to offer. We are a church that looks for hurting hearts and attempts to give those hearts a place to heal and a place to find God. We are about helping people in need and the only way to find out who needs is to communicate and ask people about themselves. It's an awesome thing to have a biblically functioning church! God's Presence is felt so strong there...He is so awesome! From day one I felt Him at Northbrook. He does some awesome things through the humble people here. I thank you Father for Northbrook Church and all my brothers and sisters who minister to me through that church! Woooooohoooooooooo!

After church we had a "reunion" of SaLT with WaLT...and Tom. This is the SaLT group that got "dissolved" when we had to make room on the schedule for New Testament Survey class at Northbrook University. It is a bummer that we were "dissolved" because we have relationships established and frankly...I miss those people! The other groups were able to reschedule their meeting times, but our situation was a unique one because Walt and Karen live over an hour away from the church. Getting together outside of the normal meeting time isn't easy with them living so far away. We are still going to attempt to meet once a month or so though. I hope it works out. Our reunion lunch was fun, but Walt wasn't able to make it. He is in a lot of pain from a mystery illness that causes his jaw to hurt bad. It is not TMJ, so he goes in for tests tomorrow.

After lunch, we came back to the house and I played around with the Women's Newsletter that I am now working on. It's fun! Tonight we then met with our other SaLT group. Another group of people I love! We are studying worship right now and discussed stifling the Spirit of God. It made for interesting discussion and as always we laughed a lot and learned a lot too! I love my SaLT groups!

More on worship later...maybe on my days off. I have 2 more this week! Wooooohoooooooooooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment