Friday, January 10, 2003

Potty Tales...

Author: Katie

I had to take a potty break. There's some great reading material in the bathroom. I do my best thinking in there. Lots of good things happen in the bathroom. I have had some major revelations, eye opening experiences, laughs (don't ask), intimate moments of prayer....and more.......in the bathroom! After all, what else is there to do in there but read, think, and many times it is very necessary to pray! This seems to be a common phenomenon as I have found when sharing this fact with others. So, I don't think I'm crazy (although whoever reads this may come to a different conclusion). Which brings me to the subject of my most recent bathroom experience.

I have a book that I read sometimes when I go in there. It's called "The Power of a Praying Parent" by Stormy Omartian. The chapter I read today dealt with having a sound mind. Now, I know upon reading this blog, one may think that my mind is far from sound. Well, I agree! But that's all going to change now because I PRAYED! It was an answer to my previous blog that I wrote before the "experience". I prayed this prayer for myself as well as my children and now, I share some of it in this blog.

In the past my life has been one of dysfunction, confusion, unorganization. I have been scatterbrained, and negative in my thinking. My thoughts have been complex and I stay confused a lot. But tonight I prayed and I am going to have faith and believe in God's answer.....after all, I prayed according to His will! This is the prayer.....

"Thank You for promising us a sound mind. I lay claim to that promise for Justin, Tiffany and myself. I pray that our minds be clear, alert, bright, intelligent, stable, peaceful and uncluttered. I pray there will be no confusion, no dullness and no unbalanced, scattered, unorganized, or negative thinking. I pray that our minds will not be filled with complex or confusing thoughts. Rather, give us clarity of mind so that we are able to think straight at all times. Give us the ability to make clear decisions, to understand all we need to know and to be able to focus on what we need to do. Where there is now any mental instability, impairment, or dysfunction, I speak healing in Jesus' name. May we be renewed in the spirit of our minds (Eph. 4:23) and have the mind of Christ (1 Cor. 2:16).

I pray that we will so love the Lord with all of our heart, soul, mind, and strength that there will be no room in us for the lies of the enemy or clamoring of the world. May the Word of God take root in our hearts and fill our minds with things that are true, noble, just, pure, lovely, of good report, virtuous, and praiseworthy (Phi. 4:8). Give us understanding that what goes into our mind becomes part of us, so that we will weigh carefully what we see and hear.

You have said, "You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You" (Is 26:3). I pray that our faith in You and Your Word will grow daily so that we will live forever in peace and soundness of mind.

Some weapons of warfare: Romans 12:2, Phil. 4:6-7, 2 Cor 10:4-5, Romans 8:6, Eph. 4:17-18.

God is Good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment