Wednesday, January 29, 2003

State of the Union

All have their own opinion. I have mine. I am thankful to have George W in the White House. Do I agree with everything he says/does? No, but I really believe he has in his mind and his heart what is best for this country and our people, and the world. I believe he does do his best to seek God's will and he does understand the responsibility he has leading this powerful nation. He understands that there are long-range consequences for each decision he makes, and I do not believe he makes any of them hastily.

What confirms this to me? Simply, the fact that he has lost so much popular opinion in the polls. Most of the time when God decides to move, it doesn't go over very well with the people involved. The economy is down, that is never popular. People are losing jobs, that is never popular. There is a grim possibility of war and that is definately not something America desires. I don't see our president bowing to the whims of what's popular. I don't see him worrying about what the liberals think. I don't see him trying to convince anyone to join him in his beliefs. I see him acting on his beliefs, even if it is not popular. I see him attempting to gain support, but whether or not he gets it, it doesn't change what is right, it doesn't change his decision. I admire that in our president.

Pray for our leaders. Pray for the world's leaders and all its peoples.

No comments:

Post a Comment