Monday, September 20, 2004

Scripture

Katie and I decided not to read the bible all the way through this year, but instead use our study in whatever was going on at church. A lot of study has gone into Acts this year, but I felt it necessary to resume reading of scripture daily because that had waned in my life.



So, a few days ago I started reading from the gospels, randomly choosing some verses.



I will read maybe 3-5 verses of Jesus' teachings. It's nice. I go to bed pondering those couple of verses, rather than overloading my brain with many verses.



Last night I read about the woman who gave from her poverty. What she gave, "all she had to live on", was more than all the wealth the other's gave. It was a lot more than 10%! Luke 21:3-5



It was convicting. Jesus doesn't ask for 10%, He asks for all we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment