Tuesday, September 28, 2004

His Word is Alive

The Living Breathing Word of God is Alive!!!



Today I took our pastor's words to heart and began really meditating on scripture. I decided to begin with reading Psalms. This is how God spoke to me in this very short time spent in His Word...



Blessed is the Man....



Psalm 1:2 "But his delight is in the law of the Lord and on His law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yeilds its fruit in season and whose leaf does not whither. WHATEVER HE DOES PROSPERS!!!



This is truly an eye opener for me. It is true too! God gave us His word not to pound his fist with a bunch of rules...but to give us freedom from the consequences of wrong choices. It is a Christian's road map through life! What a gift He gave us and we so take it for granted. If we delight in His law and follow His precepts...then and only then will we prosper!



Paul (our pastor) recieved a Word from God to His people at Northbrook yesterday! And it has been confirmed in my life and time of meditation today.



Recently some very special people in my life caused me to be focusing on delighting myself in the Lord (Ps. 37:4) and seeking first His kingdom and righteousness (Luke 12:31). In doing this...everything else just falls right into place.



My favorite scripture is "Love the Lord your God with all of your heart, all of your soul, all of your mind, and all of your strength" (Mark 12:30). Sometimes I get so focused in trying to obey that commandment that I find that I'm trying to do it APART FROM GOD! DAAAHHHH!!! Without a daily dose of His Word to guide me into loving him, how can I?



Today I have been chewing on the words of Psalm 1. I want to chew it until I digest it and it nourishes my soul. This is loving God with all of my heart and mind. My soul will be nourished and I will be stronger spiritually.



It's so simple how it all starts with giving Him time to talk to me daily through prayer and His Holy Word. Like I said before...Oh what a gift God has given us that we take so for granted. He truly does love and care for His children.

No comments:

Post a Comment