Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Big Brother is Watching

I just got back from the doctor. I went because my heart keeps skipping beats. A skip now and then is no big deal, but the fact that I can miss several beats in a matter of minutes is not cool. I thought it wise to get it checked out.



The doc took blood to run tests that should come back next week. Blood pressure is normal so that's fine. Today I am sitting here blogging with a halter monitor attached to me. It is recording every beat of my heart now baby...ummmmmm, I think I've heard that in a song before. Well, maybe not quite like that. Anyway, it is weird knowing that each beat of my heart is being recorded...like Big Brother or something.



Hopefully it is nothing serious and I will live past this week.



I did get an email from an old manager of mine today. He went to the doctor maybe two years ago with what he thought was gastric reflux and it turned out to be major cancer. He is dying and enduring chemo treatments until "they don't work anymore". He is hoping to be around for a year or so, but apparantly his prognosis is only a few more months. I'm praying for him. I hope that I am able to go visit him next spring when I plan to attend a friend's wedding. Cancer is evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment