Friday, October 10, 2003

The Friday Five

the friday five: "



1. Do you watch sports? If so, which ones? Not as much as I used to. I won't pay for cable, so I get one station here locally. There are very little opportunities to watch sports. Since "my" teams wouldn't be programmed, I have little interest anyway.



2. What/who are your favorite sports teams and/or favorite athletes? Cleveland Indians and the Browns are my favorite teams because I grew up on them. I don't watch them because I basically have no tv, but when I have the chance I can listen to them on WTAM 1100 "The Monster on the Lake" out of Cleveland. One day I hope to actually witness them win a Championship!



3. Are there any sports you hate? I can't say "hate", but basketball annoys me at times. "A bunch of men running up and down a court with squeaky tennis shoes" is how one of my friends describes it. I do think the basketball season is too long and the playoffs take forever, so that annoys me.



4. Have you ever been to a sports event? Yes, I've seen the Indians play and the Browns at the old Municipal Stadium which is gone now. It's been years since I've been to a game. The last one I was at would have been the Iowa Barnstormers, an arena football team. Cool thing is Kurt Warner was the QB at the time!



5. Do/did you play any sports (in school or other)? How long did you play?" I was in marching band for four years in high school and two in college. I know it's not a "sport", however, if you've ever been in marching band, you know full well that it is an athletic activity. Also, I played a lot of softball. I played since I was nine years old until my back surgery put an end to that "career" when I was about 24. I loved softball and played on any and every team that would have me! I miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment