Friday, February 03, 2006

I Am Blessed

I've been working a lot this week, and will be continuing to put in the hours as my hunt to replace a virtually irreplaceable member of my management staff continues.

A couple of things have reminded me how blessed I am.

One of the biggest blessings I've ever received came this morning from a young man with a such a tender heart. This morning, Katie's son Justin came around behind me as I sat reading the news online. He bent down behind me and he softly kissed my left cheek, wrapped his arms around my shoulders and hugged me and said "I've missed you so much, I haven't seen you very much this week." Awwwwwwwww. I have tears.

I've been praying for some friends of mine, obviously the Gushee's. That family needs my prayers, and I am blessed to pray for them because they have been selfless, and so helpful to my framily over the years. In times like these it is so easy to feel helpless, but I'm believing God for a miracle!

I have been praying for a friend of mine seeking help in her marriage. My heart is hurting for her and I will continue to lift her up. Last report is that things were better, but I know healing will take time, and there is a long way to go.

Also, I have had a burden to pray for a young friend of mine for years. This is a person who struggles daily with herself, fighting a ferocious spiritual battle. It is difficult for me to watch, at times painful, and all I can do is wait, and wait prayerfully. I will never give up praying for her! Things were seeming to get pretty dire, but last night a sliver of hope shimmered through and encouraged me to continue my vigil.

I am so blessed. God is ALWAYS at work around me!

To God be all praise and honor and glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment