Monday, November 14, 2005

Women's Ministry

I can't say how many times I have thought about the way I hate that a career can often limit the time a person has with God in His Word. I have told Sue so many times that my dream would be to be able to be in the Word of God all day and still earn an income. Yesterday, a friend brought to my attention that there was an ad in the classifieds for a Baptist women's ministry director. I'm applying for the job. Women's ministry is my passion and my calling. I have absolutely no doubt about it. I never knew how, or in what way for sure, but I know that I am called to minister to special needs that women have. Woman to woman. Serving God by serving others. I can't imagine how wonderful it would be to have an income, be able to care for my children, and to live my dream at the same time. I really really really covet the prayers of all of my brothers and sisters out there. Pray for me that I'll trust Him, whatever the outcome....even if I don't get the job. I do feel like there are so many others out there with more experience, bigger degrees, better recommendations, greater popularity....but God is God and He knows who the right person is for the job and that's what I am praying for...that the right person will get the job...whether or not it is me. I'm also praying that if it isn't me...that I will have the right attitude and accept that with grace and thankfulness. God's will be done that He may be glorified!

No comments:

Post a Comment