Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Retreat Journal Entry Day 2


November 5, 2005
7:30 am

(...after being awakened by a horrible nightmare about a snake that wouldn't let go of my leg, then a horrible car accident.)
....I was going to take a nice luxury bath this morning but the tub stopper wasn't working so I decided to go to breakfast and deal with the tub later. I actually clipped up my hair and went to eat with NO MAKE-UP! I found the most beautiful spot to eat breakfast. Oh My! I think a storm is brewing. It's very cloudy and suddenly VERY windy! But at the same time it's very beautiful...a beautiful fall morning.

So, after some praise time and getting the tub fixed, I came here where it's now too windy to continue so I'll stop for now and have some more quiet time with God.

1:30 pm

I am in the most beautiful spot right now. It's on the other side of the cove where I had breakfast. This is about as perfect as it can be. There's a beautiful breeze. I can hear leaves falling (and see them of course) all around me. I have to watch out for the occasional acorn to the head though. "Ouch!"

On the way here I asked God for lots of peachy oranges and reds in the foliage. (There wasn't much of it on the way here.) As I look around, I see peaches, reds, and bright yellows in the trees surrounding me! I've been worshipping all morning! Therefore, I'm not getting alot of Bible study done at this point.

Father,
Thank you for this beauty and this place. Thank You for this time with you. I sit here in the midst of Your Glory that surrounds me (and occasionally falls on my head). I praise You for music, for my mouth and ears...for all my senses that are soaking all of this in! You have walked with me today and arranged for everything to be perfect. I am surrounded with romance straight from the Lover of My Soul! I feel Your embrace everywhere I go. It's so comforting here in your arms. I feel your breath in the wind and your majesty surrounds me.....There is truly no greater love than this! You sent your Son to die so that I could have this experience today. It's because of Him that I can know You, walk with You, and talk with You. Thank You for your tender love and mercy!

amen

No comments:

Post a Comment