Monday, November 07, 2005

The Earth is Full of His Glory!

I remember it like it was yesterday! Oh, it was! What a wonderful weekend spent basking in the glory of God! The whole purpose of my weekend was to awaken my heart

and soul from this terrible slump I've been in. I took this time away from the real world so I could really focus and spend time getting know God more. I had so many things

on my heart and planned on spending alot of time praying about these things. Instead, I ended up spending most of my time worshipping. The weather, the colors of the

leaves, the lake the breeze...it was all so perfect. It was as if my environment was sympathizing with me the entire weekend. I will spend the next few days sharing some of my journal entries from the moments I was there.


DAY ONE 11/04/05

Well, finally, here I am sitting on some steps at dusk. I'm finally here writing about my day so far. I would have been here much sooner but I locked the keys in my trunk

when I first got here. The ranger (lady) came and rescued me! She asked me to pray for her son to find a friend (or two or three). So, I will add that to my prayer list this

weekend. The trip out here was peaceful and wonderful and as I listened to God speake to me through Pastor Sipes, well, that with the beauty and all the brilliant fall colors...moved me to tears a few times. It's getting too dark to write so I'm going to have dinner then head to my room for some quiet time. It's 5:20 pm.

(8:00 pm) Well, plans changed. This weekend is about God so my schedule and time belong to Him. Instead of spending ite in my room, I had dinner (seafood night...is
every Friday night seafood night...EVERYWHERE???) Anyhow, fish on Friday...how fitting!

.....I'm outside, downstairs on the patio under the stars and pines. The night sky is beautiful and the temperature is comfortably cool. I want to praise God now for the beauty of this day. What a beautiful gift He has given me.

(9:19 pm) God led me to Psalm 119 tonight. I began praying certain parts of the Psalm as I read it. The one I prayed last before moving to another Bible study was 119:40,

"Behold, I long for Your precepts, revive me in Your righteousness." Then, I began reading the introduction to Kay Arthurs "Lord, I Want to Know You" .....she says that the

Lord's book contains everything we need to know and apply to our lives. "These are precepts for life; through them we will gain understanding and as the psalmist says,

'Hate every false way.'" (Psalm 119:104).

(9:39 pm) Father, show me what you want me to do, Your will. I know You will show me because it is in accordance to that will. I know that if I step out in faith, You will give me an avenue of ministry, person by person or group by group, that will not only stagger my mind, but absolutely delight my soul.

This was the theme of the entire weekend. God set the ball rolling on Friday night and it just kept building from there all weekend.

Before I arrived at Natchez Trace, I asked God for something special just for me. I asked Him for lots of peachy and red foliage to be there for me to enjoy. It was everywhere!

On day one, God spoke to my heart almost immediately. He told me to stop doubting, that the reason I believe that there's got to be something more to life than this is because THERE IS! He told me once again to DREAM BIG! It's my calling!!!

Note: Today 11/07'05, a new friend, Gina, expressed her concerns to me regarding women's ministry and the lack thereof at my church. She told me she wanted to meet with me and pray about it at least once a week. We will also be doing Bible study together. We'll be using Kay Arthur's "Lord I want to Know You" as a study guide....an avenue of ministry, person by person. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment