Thursday, November 10, 2005

The Sacrifice of Praise

James 4:7-8 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. I asked God to help me this morning as I was overwhelmed by the darts being thrown in my direction. Shortly after my last post, I told Sue how I was feeling. That's when she told me what was written in her last post. The part I heard stopped me in my tracks. I heard in my heart the voice of my Savior whisper to me, "my child, embrace the darts as I embraced the cross." Sue said my entire countenance changed before her. I don't know what she saw on my face but I knew in my heart, that God had used her to speak to me. God is amazing. He does want a personal relationship with each and every one of His children and we are all precious to Him. I lifted my heart to heaven and offered a sacrifice of praise to God in the midst of spiritual warfare. He heard my cry and rescued me...almost instantly.

It's true, you can't worship God...truly worship Him...and not be consumed by His presence...the light overtakes the darkness and it can not exist in the presence of true worship. I am blessed. I see things so clearly when I see them through His eyes.

Father, help me to keep my focus in the right place. Thank you, Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment