Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Fire!

This was the scene at the YMCA, Katie's place of employment. She won't be going to work today.

Everyone made it out okay and no one was hurt, but hopefully it will open again soon so Katie will not lose too many hours. Time is money, there is never enough of it!

Katie called me at work and said "The Y is burning!" Since Katie has a tendency to be very excitable, I imagined a small contained fire in some area and wasn't too concerned. But, then, over her cell phone I heard many loud sirens. I was then realizing that the situation was serious!

Then I looked out the windows of my store and could see black smoke billowing into the sky from the direction of where the Y is. It became a bit more frightening at that point.

Soon after the firefighters arrived on the scene things were under control and I could no longer see the smoke. According to the article in the paper, the Y may open yet this week, possibly even later today or tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment