Friday, November 11, 2005

Have You Ever Forgotten To....?

Have you ever forgotten that you made coffee in the coffee maker? And let it sit for days? or possibly weeks?

Our coffee maker is in a rather inconspicous place in the corner of the kitchen, and it is not often that we use it, especially when the weather is warm, so it goes mostly unnoticed.

Today, with the morning air having a bit of an autumn chill, I decided that coffee sounded good. However, my mind was quickly changed when I walked over the the coffee maker and saw this:

Oops! I forgot to clean the coffee pot the last time I used it...about two or three weeks (or maybe longer...I really don't remember!) ago! ICK!

Well, my food phobia kicked in and Katie *insert fanfare* came to save the day!

She swooped in and calmly said "oh, it's just science" and immediately secured the area and began decontamination procedures.

LOL

I busted out laughing at that "oh, it's just science" comment and just had to post about it! But, what's a post like that without descriptive pictures to accompany it?

The pot itself was bad enough, but then the coffee grounds needed combed! Ugh!

LOL

Coffee makers now come equipped to turn off automatically so if you forget you don't burn your house down. Now they need to add an alarm...kind of like the one on my answering machine that beeps every minute or so until you check the messages (if there is one). I need a coffee maker that beeps so I remember to clean it!

So, the lesson for today is:

Always be sure to clean your coffee pot immediately after using.

And, if you happen to forget to do that, just remember:

"It's only science"

No comments:

Post a Comment