Wednesday, September 21, 2005

New blogs4God Introduced

Blogs4God is back up and running. It stalled to a halt when it was invaded by evil spammers and has now been revamped and relaunched in hopes to improve it.
Blogs4God "exists to provide these 'God-bloggers' a way to connect with other practitioners of 'Historic Christianity' by listing their site, aggregating the work of their peers posting compelling content and identifying the weblinks that exemplify the best and brightest of their community."
I have again listed this blog and have attempted to navigate my way around the new blogs4God site but I have been met around many corners with this:


What is that? I am registered...I am logged in for the page "calls" me by my username. I just don't understand. I'm thinking there are bugs to be worked out, either that or I am so totally clueless as to what exactly I'm supposed to do at blogs4God that I keep getting lost! I'd hate to think that I am totally clueless though because I'm a pretty avid surfer and have learned to navigate the Internet and various sites very well as I've been doing it since 1998!

I used blogs4God quite often in the past to help me locate new reads. Now it is set up to use as an aggregator. I know a lot of people use those, but I haven't found them very useful for my reading habits I guess. It seems logical to me that those who use aggregators have theirs already set up, so I don't see why they would need another one via blogs4God. I just don't understand I guess. I just follow the links in my blogroll, and often times find new bloggers via other bloggers pointing me to them. I am most interested in Christian blogs, which is why I found blogs4God so useful in the past, and actually I've been finding some interesting reads by surfing Blog Explosion, especially since you can now surf by site description. I've found some other great blogs through the new Christian Bloggers Blogroll, and the Christian Carnival.

Blog4God has made it quite clear that they are looking for high quality blogs and to maintain a high standard of posts and basically have a pretty strict set of "rules" for inclusion. Any Christian blogger who is not insane and updates frequently can be aggregated, but for a post to be worthy of inclusion you must be "capable of generating some some seriously compelling content both on your blog and in your weblink submission here to get your site listed." The blogs listed as examples of compelling content definitely out pace the Sisters' Weblog, but those sites aren't what I find compelling at all.

We all have different tastes, and different things/stories/blogs we find compelling. This blog is a personal journal of sorts and isn't designed to be "compelling", it's just here. We've posted some compelling stories and observations, we've posted some humorous tales, and we've posted the mundane day to day things in life. I want to glorify God through what is posted here, and sometimes it is not very compelling material to decipher and unpack Luther's theses, as much as it compelling to celebrate the blessings God has given us in our framily, our home, our salvation and redemption through His Son.

I am happy to point out that Ganns Deen of Superblessed! is one of the newest moderators at blogs4God, so I do know from that, that that they have chosen some high quality people to uphold the blogs4God standards. I have been reading Superblessed! since the Mere Madness days. In fact I was just thinking the other day how that through reading blogs, one establishes a type of "relationship" with people. I was thinking about how I "knew" Ganns before he was engaged, and now he is married and a proud father. He allowed his readers to share in his proposal and enjoy stories as he brags on his wife and son.

Blogs are cool that way. I live half a world away from some of the bloggers I read, yet we all, or at least most, share a common faith, and in a neat way, through technology, we get to peer into another person's life, probably into the life of someone we will never meet person to person.

I wish blogs4God blessings on their new endeavor. I hope to play around a bit more at the site and learn how to best utilize the site. I encourage you to head on over and list your blog and check out some of the features as well. If you want to offer me some suggestions on how to get around at blogs4God better and find it advantageous, please do so in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment