Thursday, September 22, 2005

Motivation, the Lack Thereof

Motivation.

I don't have it.

I'm on vacation this week and I have wasted more time than I should. I did manage on Monday to paint the horrid "pink" wall in my house. The wall in my kitchen/computer area is now a stately bluish-gray. I like it!

I did declutter the computer desk and the area around the computer but I want to finish making this room a bit more uncluttered. Instead I've been playing Zuma. I have made it to level 4-4 so far, but can't get past that yet. This is just the trial version too, so I don't know how much longer I'll be addicted. Once I beat it I'll lose interest.

I've played around on MySpace and Xanga some. Hey, I'm looking for some MySpace friends so if you are on MySpace, add me!

I really want to finish cleaning but I can't pull myself away from this computer! That's not a good thing!

I've been studying the chapter of the Jesus Creed due for SaLT this week. Good stuff for sure. I made Katie read it with me last night. The chapter talks about what the Kingdom of God is.

What is the Kingdom of God?

It is the actual living out of the "Jesus Creed" on earth. The actual practice of loving God and loving others. Doing that will transform the lives of those around you, and that will transform you. Can you imagine a society where everyone is living out the Jesus Creed? Heaven on earth!

The Jesus Creed
"Hear, O Isreal,the Lord our God is one.
Love the Lord your God with all your heart,
with all your soul,with all your mind,
and with all your strength."
The second is this:
"Love your neighbor as yourself."
There is no commandment greater than these.

So, I guess I have actually managed to get a few things done. Oh, and I got Tif's film developed. I have three more days of vacation. I should have time to get a haircut, clean the house, and wash my car. Gee, blogging that makes my to-do list seem small. Now I feel motivated to cross something off the list! Going to get a haircut!

No comments:

Post a Comment