Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Disappointment

I've been waiting for the day I was going to post some really exciting, life-changing news! Unfortunately, instead, I have only disappointment to report. The bummer part is that I really can't share much about what it was. Just know that I had my heart set on something very big and now life will just continue on the way it has been. That isn't bad necessarily, just not what I had hoped for.

In life we all get news we would rather not get, especially when we were hoping for something entirely opposite. In the grand scheme of things, my disappointment is minimal compared to that of some, and for that I consider myself blessed.

I am blessed. Sometimes it is easy to forget that. One thing this disappointment has revealed is that I am loved. My church family is rallying around me and letting me know they care. That feels really good. I have the best friend anyone could have in Katie and beyond that I have a whole bunch of friends who hurt with me, yet rejoice in God's plan!

The important thing is that I realize that I am where God wants me for now. I don't know why He wants me here, but this is where I will continue to carry out His will for my life. Apparantly I'm not done here, or possibly the next place in life is not ready for me to be there doing His will just yet!

Who knows?

God knows.

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

No comments:

Post a Comment