Monday, July 25, 2005

Vacation

Yay!

I'm on vacation!

So far, it's been great! I'm not going anywhere special, I'm just staying home and enjoying the quiet since the kids are on a mission trip in Florida. My only committment is Jury Duty. I need to keep every day this week open in case I'm needed. I just called the circuit court and found out I am NOT needed again tomorrow! Yay! (I do want to serve on a jury, just not during vacation...know what I mean?)

It's so nice to listen to WayFM all day. I can do that fairly uninterrupted when I'm home alone, and because I'm on vacation, I have many hours home alone! Yay!

The lawn mower is broken again. Ugh. It's too hot to mow, but I still have to deal with getting that thing fixed, or replaced. I've taken it to get it repaired twice this year already. I did call a lawn care service, but they haven't called me back.

I did go outside and clean up around the yard a bit. I picked up some large dead branches that have fallen from the huge maples in the backyard. One branch fell a week ago into our neighbors yard, so I cleaned that up too. It was too hot to stay out for very long, so I came inside to play some Battlefield 1942.

I started playing Battlefield 1942 almost two years ago and I have to say, it has piqued my interest in things WWII. I've even purchased some videos that three years ago would not have interested me. Last week Katie and I watched Tora! Tora! Tora! and learned a bit about the attack at Pearl Harbor. I have yet to watch The Sands of Iwo Jima and Midway. I even purchased a documentary set of WWII videos, but they were so poorly produced, after one in the set of ten DVDs, I just couldn't watch anymore. I sold that set back and bought the above movies instead.

I was able to declutter my "junk drawer" in my chest of drawers and load up a bag to drag out to the trash. It's amazing how much stuff we clutter our lives with. I did get excited when I found a Walmart Gift Card in the drawer, but, unfortunately it had no balance on it. I had already started dreaming about how to spend it all too.

Tomorrow I'm going to attempt to hook up the amp and cassette player from my stereo, to the computer so I can transfer some old cassettes to CD. Most of what I want to transfer are homemade recordings of some band concerts in high school and college. I have a couple of excellent Sunday messages I want to transfer to CD as well. I'm hoping I'm tech saavy enough to accomplish this without too much stress. I'm on vacation, I don't want stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment