Thursday, July 28, 2005

Tape to CD, I Did It!

YAY!

I have all the tapes tranferred to CD that I wanted to get done. I was even able to clean up some of the recordings to sound a bit better, although, these tapes have been around for around 20 years, so how good can they get?

I did want to share a snippet of a recording that I tranferred. This is the introduction of the trumpet section at the Aquinas Jazz Festival on April 12, 1987. I'm introduced third, then Mike Stewart, *ahem* thats DR. Michael P. Stewart, who I know went on to grand things as a composer, conductor, and an in-demand professional musician in the Chicago area. Roland Paolucci, the director at the time, does the intros.

Click to listen.

You'll hear a "pyramid effect" around the 33 second mark, I'm the third trumpet to enter in that pyramid which is at/around the 35 second mark. I was just having fun reminiscing! Maybe someday I'll post a recording of myself performing that is current and not from 1987!

No comments:

Post a Comment