Monday, July 11, 2005

A Journey of Self - Emptying

I have recently come through a period of deep depression that made getting out of bed one of the most difficult tasks of every day. I don't know exactly how it started. I believe it was a combination of things.

During this time I found it difficult and pointless to pray. I just enjoyed my daily pity-parties and self centeredness....or did I???? I wanted to be free, so I began crying out to God and getting back into His Word.

While watching the video that goes along with "Believing God" by Beth Moore, My sweet Jesus instantly delivered me from myself. I can't remember the exact moment or words but I do know that the next morning, I awoke for the first time without that familiar heaviness and lack of desire to get out of bed. Then another day went by, and another and a week and now several weeks. I truly believe I have been delivered.

Since that time, God has been alive and active in me moment by moment, day by day. I am back to work at the place I love, doing the job I love, where I have the freedom to share my faith and testimony about how God has delivered me so many times from my own self centeredness.

I am participating in several studies, readings, etc...that all seem to have one common thread....Love God and love others. One of the books is called Descending to Greatness. It's all about self-emptying and God's filling.

My prayer life has improved, and I'm still working with God on making it better. I am trying to focus less on "me" time and more on working as if unto the Lord. The more of me I give to Him the more of Him he gives to me!

I am who He says I am! I am a princess! I am a counselor! I am His daughter and I want to proclaim it to the World. He is Wonderful!!!!

I will continue on my journey of self-emptying and I expect to have many opportunities to share the wonderous, amazing acts of God in and around me. I want to shine His glory so that others will see Him better!

"Hear O Isreal! The Lord our God is one! Love the Lord your God with all of your heart, all of your soul, all of your mind and all of your strength! The second is this! Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."

Everything else falls into place when we are under the umbrella of God's love.

No comments:

Post a Comment