Wednesday, July 20, 2005

New Look

It's almost been three years with the same basic look to this blog. It may still be "hideous", but at least it's different! LOL

The original template design "Grey River" comes from Noipo.org and was designed by Martijn ten Napel, an obviously creative mind, humble too since he doesn't even require a link back. Of course, I personalized it with permission through the Creative Commons License, which allows one "to make derivative works". I went searching for a lot of templates and came across one that I enjoyed because of the simplicity and the ability to "tweak it". Some designers don't allow any changes to their template designs, so I am quite thankful to people like Martijn ten Napel, artists and web designers, who are willing to share their creation, which spawns even more creation.

Most of the linkage remains the same, although I did lose some things like "rate my blog" stuff which is in the grand scheme of things, well...stupid. LOL I don't think anyone ever rates the thing anyway.

I'm expecting some bugs to creep up, but for the most part, the template is fairly complete. Maybe someday I'll get busy and transfer this template to all pages on the website to maintain continuity, but for now this will do. If you notice any "bugs", please let me know.

The background image, "Shadows on a Walkway", is a picture of Katie's and my shadows on a walkway outside Marshall County Courthouse in Marshalltown, IA. We had a roadtrip there last April for a wedding I attended and on our last day we scoped out the city of Marshalltown and visited friends. I took the picture as we walked and noticed the Son shining down. In the silhouette, you can see me holding the camera up to snap the shot.

I gave the shadows a green tint because green is my favorite color and thought it would create a "mood", I'm not sure what mood, just a mood. Theaters all have a "green room" which is the place actors/actresses all hang out to calm nerves. Maybe it's a "calming mood". I also used the "paint" program to blot out the giant white spot of bird, bird...., ummmmmmmmm...bird doo-doo, that was in a very conspicous spot on Katie's shadow! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment