Sunday, July 03, 2005

Randomness

Well, we are almost halfway through the marriage series at church. Ugh. I've never felt so singled-out as a single before. The messages have been good, but a lot of them are obviously directed to married couples. I think a lot of the stuff does need to be addressed, but thirteen weeks is an awful lot. Today's message was on biblical communication, and one can apply a lot of what was taught in this one which is good. Last weeks message was "The Bedroom: Battlefield or Playground?". I got NOTHING out of that one!

I can't get Disciple's latest release out of my CD player! That thing really rocks! Every song is good! I especially like the stadium rocker "Rise Up" which I've come to learn is the NBA's Atlanta Hawks theme this year. Disciple will be one of the bands at Shoutfest this year and that excites me! I can't wait to hear "Rise Up" at an outdoor ampitheatre with the crowd signing along! It should be powerful! Another fav on the disc is "Worth", because of the lyrics:


Forgetting what is behind I'm moving straight ahead
and I will run with a passion till I reach the end

I won't let my eyes move left to right
I'll run with all my heart, I'll give it all I got!

It's a song about "running the race" and that all the pain and struggle is worth it all "if I can just see You, feel You." Good stuff! One reviewer, and I don't remember the name, but I saw it in a CCM Magazine, said "if this isn't Disciple's best selling CD this reviewer will eat a bug." Ewwwwww, grooossssssssss, but I don't think the reveiwer has anything to worry about! It's going to be one of Christian music's best hard rock releases this year without question!

Shoutfest has a great line up this year and comes to Jackson's Casey Jones Ampitheater on September 3. I'm most excited to see Disciple and Skillet, but some other great bands will be there too including:
  • KJ-52
  • Skillet
  • ZOEgirl
  • Jump5
  • Grits
  • Disciple
  • Krystal Meyers
  • Kainos
  • Carried Away
  • Talitha and Acacia

It's gonna rock! Woohooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment