Sunday, November 21, 2004

New Blog Directories

I've noticed a couple of new Blog Directories popping up recently at different sites I've surfed across. I've found Blog Explosion, Blog Catalogue, Blogrank.net, and the Blogs By City Directory.



One that really has potential to increase traffic to your blog is Blog Explosion. It's a pretty sophisticated directory with bidding for banner ad time and earning credits for surfing member blogs. I still haven't figured it all out, but it has given me a new way to surf blogs. I've also noticed more hits daily to the Sister's Weblog, but I wonder if any are return visits? Blog Explosion requires a visitor surfing your blog to stay a minimum of thirty seconds, very few of those that surf this blog manage to stay beyond that. I know that when I surf blogs, I can usually determine whether or not I want to stay to read it within ten seconds, so I don't need that full thirty, but I stay to earn that credit. LOL I do think this nifty directory with some new fangled ideas woven in will catch on and who knows what will become of it.



While gandering through Blog Explosion I did "bookmark" some sites I ran across. I found something there that held my interest so I'll be making return visits. These are some of blogs I found that were noteworthy (at least to me):



  • Almanac of the Mundane - Photography and photojournals, Politics (conservative views and parodies), Religion (notes on scripture and culture), Music (songwriting and the Autoharp), Technology (Java and internet programming), Leisure, Money, and any other mundane topics.



  • Lost in Wisconsin - Just looking for a way . . .



  • BipolarDiary - Diary of a recovering depressed person



  • Paul's Ponderings - A Youth Minister's thoughts about God, Christianity, and Ministry.



  • Lockjaw's Lair - Opinions, happenings, essays and interests from a bookstore owning, amateur radio operating, libertarian, North Carolina ogre named Lockjaw



  • ...in the outer... - Musings, views, reviews, comments on faith journey, business, ethics, leadership and life.



  • LeeN's World and the Random thoughts that come and go - My random thoughts of everything that's going on, from things that I support, to politics, to my daily goings on & sometimes adventures! Oh, I can't wait for my big adventure to start...



  • From the Hammock Brain - Just a little bit of everything that comes from my head. Sometimes it's political, sometimes it's about entertainment, sometimes just general observations. I don't do it every day, but when I've got something to say, I say it.



Some other directories I've come across that seem to be fairly new are:



  • Blog Catalogue - Your basic cataloguing of blogs by type

  • Blogrank.net Blogs are indexed by type and then ranked according to clicks. I never do well with these type directories/listings. LOL

  • Blogs By City - Now this one has promise! At this posting, it lists only around 500 sites and it is organized by city, and these include major cities around the world. I believe you can add a city that isn't listed too. I think that is cool and eventually, as it grows, it will be easier to locate nearby blogs...at least ever since GeoUrl went down "for renovations"





So, for those avid bloggers out there...have fun exploring some of these new blog services!

No comments:

Post a Comment