Tuesday, November 23, 2004

My Heart Took a Picture

After we sat in small groups and shared what we were thankful for, the church celebrated communion.



As music played after communion, people were sitting quietly in prayer and thanksgiving. Katie pointed out to me something that was so beautiful and tender, I choked up.



A young couple is expecting their first child in a month. She is seven months along and it shows. She is a petite woman and right now she is all baby!



After communion she sat in the chair with her head bowed in prayer. My eyes followed down her arm to see her hand gently resting on her husband's shoulder. Her husband was on his knees to her left, his head was bowed, resting on his wife's side. His hands were tenderly and lovingly resting on her abdomen as he was "holding" their child awaiting birth. It was such a tender moment to witness between husband, wife and unborn baby. My heart took a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment