Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Blog Explosion and Blog Surfing Habits

The Sisters' Weblog is getting more traffic, but does that mean anything?



I've been enjoying surfing some new weblogs discovered via Blog Explosion. Blog Explosion does in fact "explode" traffic to your site, but does anyone linger around long enough to read any of its content?



Does anyone linger around long enough to respond to its content?



Does anyone linger around long enough to sign the Guestbook and say hello from wherever they are from?



Everyone has their own purpose for blogging. Mine isn't necessarily to get hits, although I'd be lying if I said I'm not interested in seeing people actually visit this blog.



One of the most enjoyable things about blogging for me has been developing some online aquaintances. Some blogs I have been reading for two or so years. During that time period, one "gets to know" other bloggers because you have been "following" their life for a good period of time.



Blogs attract a certain readership, and eventually you start to "know" your "audience". From time to time comments are left and dialogue begins which can serve to deepen the online relationship, as thoughts and ideas are exchanged. When tragedy strikes the encouragement pours in, or goes out. When the wedding occurs we share some of the bliss. When the new born baby arrives we "hear" all about it. I actually think about some bloggers during the day, wondering if they are doing better or if they got that job they shared about.



I'm not sure any of that is happening with the thirty second visit from a Blog Explosion surfer.



I guess what Blog Explosion can do is increase the chances of making more online contacts. I know I have found a couple of sites that I will most likely end up adding to my blogroll.



I visit a lot of sites on a daily basis. I usually read most of my blogroll, and now that I have been checking out Blog Explosion, I have found a wealth of new ones. I do not often leave comments at other blogs, I'll read...ponder...move on. Now and then I do leave comments if I am so moved, or want to take the time to do it. Usually though, I catch up with that blogger's life from that daily post, and continue on.



So, I'm curious, what are your Blog Surfing Habits:



What are your blog surfing habit?



How do you find new sites?



What determines if you add a link to your blogroll?



Do you make mention of your visit via comments? tagboard? guestbook/map? email?

No comments:

Post a Comment