Friday, November 19, 2004

A Music Meme

Snagged from The Ministry Blog: Ooh; a music meme! and I thought it'd be interesting to tackle:

First Record Bought: It was a 45, remember those? Well, for those of you who don't, they were singles on a plastic/vinyl record back in the day. My first 45 was ELO's "Telephone Line". Hello...How are you? Have you been alright, through all those lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely nights?...FLASHBACK!

First Concert: My own 5th grade band concert! HA! No, for real...let's see...I think my very first concert was Barry Manilow on his Swing Street tour.

Favorite Music Movie: Well, I used to enjoy the Sound of Music, but since moving to TN, Katie's kid has watched it (and I'm not kidding) about thirty times. Now it grates on my nerves! I haven't seen too many music movies. There's Grease, but that movie is filled with a lot of crude stuff which knocks it off my favorite list. Ok, I'll go with Aladdin! Fun music, fun movie...it's my favorite! Actually, I just defaulted to it because I can't think of anything else that just stands out.

Favorite Music Book: I really enjoyed reading "A Hard Days Write", a book that catalogers the events and circumstances behind every Beatle's song. It was arranged chronologically and I found it an interesting read.

Favorite Songwriter: Jennifer Knapp, and she's dropped off the planet as of late. I keep praying for her.

Favorite Magazine: CCM

Favorite Album Cover: I've always thought the cover for Bob Seger's "Against the Wind" was so beautiful.

Favorite Teen Idol: I was absolutely fascinated with Andy Gibb! He was soooooo cute!

Artist Who Broke Your Heart: Ummmm, I don't think I've ever had my heart broken by someone I didn't know, although it was depressing to hear about Andy's drug problem, rehab, and subsequent death.

Artist You Will Always Believe In: I don't "believe in" any artist, I just enjoy his/her music.

Singer Who Makes Your Skin Crawl: Eminem

Singer Who Makes You Swoon: I'll get back to you on this one.

Favorite Sound: I kind of like the cowbell in the middle of the bridge of "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns & Roses.

Album You Will Always Defend: I won't defend it, if it's bad, it's bad!

Album You Own That No One Else Does: Icicle Works, at least they don't here in the states.

Classic Album You Own but Don't Like: Tracy Chapman "Tracy Chapman"...I think I listened to it once.

Artist You're Supposed to Like but Don't: Bob Dylan or Neil Young...it's a toss up, while I can appreciate the lyrics, I CAN'T STAND THE SONGS OR THE VOICES THAT GO WITH THEM! Ugh!

Song You Can't Stand by an Artist You Like: "Physical" by Olivia Newton-John...I hated that song the first time I heard and and that darn thing was a blockbuster. It was on the chart for what seemed like forever!

Band That Should Break Up: Dave Matthews Band...the time has come.

Band That Should Re-form: Journey, the Steve Smith, Jonathan Cain, Steve Perry, Ross Valory, and Neil Schon line up, as on the album "Escape". LOVE that album!

... and after thinking about it some more, I would love to see Edie Brickell and New Bohemians re-form!

Guilty Pleasure: I'll get back on this one too!

Favorite Music DVD: I don't really enjoy music DVDs.

Concert You Wish You'd Seen: The "One Day" Passion concerts with Chris Tomlin leading worship. I always wanted to attend one of those and missed the one in Memphis a few years ago. Drat.

Dream Collaboration: Since they are married, I'd love to hear a duet with Edie Brickell and Paul Simon.

No comments:

Post a Comment