Tuesday, December 30, 2003

What a Way to Start a Day

I just got back from a trip to visit my family last night. Gracey (my car) was riding pretty rough. She needed an oil change and is due for her 80,000 mile tune up. I also took her for a ride down a pretty muddy gravel road and she looked a mess. I woke up this morning to the phone ringing. Sue called from work to tell me that she had taken Gracey and left Jeepers with me today because Gracey was at Firestone getting a tune-up and oil change...then she added "And I'm also getting her cleaned...did you go mudding yesterday or something?" LOL. An 80,000 mile tune up....wow! I was waiting until later on in the year when finances were a little better. She thought it needed to be taken care of now and she took care of it. I have tears in my eyes as I write this. I don't know what I ever did to deserve such a friend. I only know that I see Jesus every day when I look at Sue. He lives in and through her. She doesn't believe it sometimes. She says that she doesn't behave very Christlike sometimes but, neither do I. Even the best Christians often tend to behave very human. But, every day when I walk around this house and drive my car and see the blessings all around me that God has provided through Sue who selflessly sacrifices daily for my family, I can see that He still "walks with me and talks with me" just like he did with Eve in the garden. He just wears a different suit of skin. I see him through many others daily as well but, it is through Sue that I have seen Him more in my life than anybody else and I don't think she will ever realize or could ever know the impact or the difference she has made. I don't think she can imagine the legacy that will be left behind long after we are gone because of the difference she has made in my life and the lives of my children. God has been using her to make a big difference. He had a work to do in us and she was one of His very important carving tools. I praise my God for saving us and for sending us such an awesome gift in sending His Son to die so that I can be saved by His grace. I praise Him for my salvation and for sending me and my children the awesome friend and sister that I have in Sue. I am blessed beyond anything I could ever put into words.



Thank you, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment