Thursday, December 25, 2003

Christmas

Interesting Christmas for my family this year. I got an email from my ma yesterday telling me how my Gram (maternal grandmother) fell while placing gifts under the tree and broke her arm. It was a bad break but with her age being 87 and her osteoperosis (sp?), the medical people decided to immobilize the arm, rather than insert a pin which would require surgery. I am sad to learn that it is my Gram's right arm because she is a crossword puzzle person and writing will be difficult. Her mind is sharp as a tack and those crosswords keep it fine tuned! She is also an avid reader. I think she has read every book in the library...twice, maybe even more than that!



Then today I learned that my sister Dawn, who is moving to Las Vegas, picked up the trailer she was going to use to move her things. She planned on hauling the trailer behind her car. Today, on the interstate, after she picked up the trailer, the U-Haul people apparantly didn't hitch it up correctly and it came loose, smashing into the back of her car. She is okay, thank the Lord, but her car is not good. Obviously this is NOT a good thing and has put a dent, literally, into her moving plans. I am just thankful she is ok and wasn't involved in any serious accident when the incident occured.



All this helped to make this holiday very memorable for my family!



It's nice that this season is coming to a close. I posted some good sales numbers and my staff worked very hard. I appreciate them very much. We had fun today too! I kept announcing every now and then in my "NASA" voice "T-minus two and a half hours remaining...". My assistant insisted that a "watched pot never boils" and I kept on announcing "T-minus one hour and 14 minutes." Shortly after that I announced "T-minus one hour and 25 minutes remaining" and said "OH NO! TIME IS MOVING BACKWARD!" LOL This day did seem to last forever and then my company requires us to stay until all this stuff is done. Every year I say "It's Christmas Eve, when the paperwork and sales reporting is done, we go home." When Tiffany finished the paperwork, I said "let's go!" and we all dropped what we were doing and left the store. My staff couldn't believe I had them just drop what they were doing, but I think it is wrong to keep them there longer than need be. I'll get the stuff done Friday, hopefully, and I don't want to be a scrooge! I think it is ridiculous to stay late on Christmas Eve.



I have a great staff to work with. We have so much fun! There are those not so good days, but for the most part I've got good people working for me. It's a treat to be with good people and enjoy our work. It can be overwhelming at times, but when we all work together, we are successful.



I am happy that I will be going back to a five day work week. I have been working six day work weeks and putting in 55-60 hours a week. I'm exhausted. Being on five day work weeks again will be a welcome relief and will allow more time for God. I plan to use my time a bit more wisely when it comes to my intimate time for Him. I really need Him, and I have just about knocked him out of the picture. I'm ashamed. But, I'm ready to recommit!



That's all for now. Merry Christmas! He Lives!





No comments:

Post a Comment