Monday, December 15, 2003

My Christian Walk

I haven't been to church in weeks. I hate that. It's amazing how being out of fellowship with other believers can really take its toll. My spiritual life is weakening. It is not good. I want to feel holy!



This time of year the retail business is in full swing. I love it! Sales and selling, people buying and I thrive on making a person's shopping experience in my store pleasant. Many people are dragging around a lot of "stuff" and come into my store looking very tired. I try to keep smiling, keep my associates smiling so that the fatigue in the faces of the shoppers won't manifest itself in any ugly way. On the underside of my name tag lanyard, I wear a little note to remind me of my purpose. Katie sent it to me via another associate a few years ago when I was feeling down, it says "When you walk in His Light, the lost will see Him more". I try to always remember that.



Problem with retail is that at this time of year, when life gets hectic, working keeps me away from fellowship. I miss my brothers and sisters. I miss worshipping with them. I miss watching the Spirit move during service, which is why I am pining for this upcoming Sunday. I will work the late shift, which will allow for me to attend church. I am part of the body and I feel a need to be ATTACHED! LOL



Only a little more than one week and life will begin to settle down again. Whew! Another holiday season will be over! I seriously need to re-evalutate my commitment to Him, and some things will need to change. I look forward to what He will lead me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment