Friday, December 05, 2003

Christmas Blessing 2003

Every year since I have been a single mom, I have recieved a special Christmas blessing. This year, I have had many wonderful blessings from God. But, the very special blessing that God did for me for Christmas happened today and he used Sue to do it again. Sue has the gift of giving. There is no doubt about it. She enjoys using the blessings God gives her to bless others...and she does this on a regular basis.



This year, due to the lack of child support, I was having to trust the Lord for Christmas for the kids. Sue has been worried as to what I was going to do for them. The kids drive her crazy, but she loves them deeply. She always wants them to have a nice Christmas and she always helps to see that happen. But, this year, it just wasn't looking good. I kept telling her that I was just going to have faith and that this is my problem and she shouldn't worry about it.



I always tell her that if God wants her to provide for me and the kids, that He will provide for her to provide for us. If He doesn't do that, then it isn't for her to be concerned with...it's my responsiblility. Well, I guess God wanted her to be concerned. Today, right after I got off the phone with Child Support Services and got the usual run around, I prayed, "Lord, I have done good to have faith up until this point, but, it's getting down to the wire and time is running out. I know that you always seem to come through at the last minute, but I have to ask your forgiveness because I am losing faith. I am beginning to feel that you are just not going to come through this time." When I finished, there was still a faint glimmer of hope. "There is still time left...God can still pull through," were my thoughts. But, honestly, I was beginning to "worry." I'm so human.



Then, not five minutes later the phone rang. It was Sue. Her voice was shakey and it sounded as if she was crying. I started to panic. Then she said, "I wish I had faith like you."



I was thinking, "Yeah riggghhtt!!! If you only knew!"



Then she went on to tell me that she had gotten a bonus that she was totally unexpected and that it would take care of Christmas for the kids. It touched my heart so deeply that God blessed her in such a way and her first thought was not of herself, but somebody else....my children.



Just when I think I can't take life anymore. Just when I get to the point where I say, "I don't want to do this anymore, this it too much!" God sees that I am teetering on the edge of "more than I can handle" and he lifts the load enough for me to get relief and refreshment and rest in Him...to gain strength for another day, another trial...and to "keep on truckin'" through the trials of life on Earth....ever striving for the day when I will sit at the foot of the throne, casting crowns at the feet of Jesus, crying, "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty!"



Nobody will ever EVER be able to convince me that there isn't a God who isn't interactive in the lives of His children every moment of every day. And nobody can convince me that He doesn't dwell in the hearts of His people. He comes to me through them...I see Him in people like Sue. I could write a book on countelss testimonies like this in my personal life alone. God is faithful. His promises are true. He fulfilled the Old Testament Promise in the New Testament when He sent His Son to be born in a manger. Christ...Emmanuel...God With Us...and He Is With Us! He knows our thoughts, our needs and our hearts desires...even before we do. He hears our cries and He answers. He is the Provider! He is my Father, Husband, Brother, Lord, Friend, Comforter, Healer.....He IS!!!!!!!!!!



Joy To The World! The Lord Is Come! Let Earth Recieve Her King!

Let Every Heart Prepare Him Room! And Heaven and Nature Sing!

No comments:

Post a Comment