Thursday, December 04, 2003

God Still Blesses

It's retail season. Life goes at a very fast pace for a retailer like me. Days buzz by and I get exhausted and I LOVE IT! It's a SUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGE! An bonifide ADRENALINE RUSH!



I haven't been spending time with God like I should. I'm ashamed of it too. My attitude has been pretty bad around the house and I know a lot of it is do to stress that could easily be relieved if I would talk it over with Him and let Him deal. I'm a control freak I guess.



Even when I feel furthest from my Father, He still chooses to smile on me. The other day a woman came in to recruit people. She has tried to recruit me before to work at Lenscrafters, but this time she wasn't looking for management people, just associates and technicians and was "spreading the word". In our conversation I asked about employee discounts because I could use new glasses. Mine are about five years old now and my prescription could use an update. She said "How's 50% off?" I said "that's great!" and she then gave me one of her cards that guarantee a "friend or family member" 50% off frames and lenses. She only gets 6 cards to hand out a year and chose me today. I am blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment