Sunday, December 28, 2003

Christmas

Christmas 2003 was a good one. I slept most of the day, but managed to enjoy the kids having a blast at Christmas. It seems like each Christmas I spend sleeping because the retail season just wears me out!



Katie and the kids are away for a few days and I have been enjoying my time here alone. I have enjoyed doing my bible study and playing my computer games. Today I went to the movies and it was so fun. I sat there in glee as I got to pick my own seat...literally too! There was me and an elderly couple in the theatre to see Master and Commander. I sat in the second row middle. I love it up close! I like to get sucked right into the picture, the movie itself if you will. I also knew that Katie probably wouldn't enjoy an action film such as that, especially one that takes place on the high sea because she has a tendency to get that motion sickness thing going on with that "virtual" movement stuff. So, I enjoyed the movie and savored the popcorn too! Yum! I love movie popcorn. I am so glad that it has been declared healthier for the human body than broccoli. (In my dreams)



I had a nice Christmas and was happy to receive the gifts that I did. My parents are wonderful gift givers and this year I actually recieved some gift cards to WalMart. I like gift cards. I spent about half of the sum today. I decided to use the gift given to me to buy the kids some bookshelves for their rooms. They don't have any. Their rooms contain a bed, and a dresser. Tiffany's dresser has some broken drawers that I wish I was skilled enough to fix, and Justin has only a box spring and mattress, no bed frame at all. Because they have no bookshelves, all their toys and other things like books, and knick knacks simply lie on the floor. I got tired of that and decided to use some of my gift to get them some nice decent furniture for their rooms. Kids aren't going to care about bookshelves because you don't really play with them, but I know I will enjoy having their rooms with some stuff up off the floor! I guess it was all selfishly motivated! LOL



Now if only I would get motivated to put the shelves I bought for myself together so that I can get my room straightened up! LOL



No comments:

Post a Comment