Sunday, November 30, 2003

Fatigue

I am a retailer. I am very tired. Whew! I LOVE this time of year! It's a giant adrenaline ruusssshhhhhhhhhh! But, I am exhausted! I've worked two long days and sometimes customers are not the most pleasant because they are tired too. They have shopped until they are ready to drop. I tell my employees that they need to keep smiling and helping customers. "Keep a smile on your face and a ho ho ho in your heart!" is what I say! LOL



Yesterday I had a customer say "I'm looking for a song. I don't know the artist or the song title. All I know is that it is gospel." I said "Is it black gospel? Southern gospel? or Contemporary Christian?" and she responded with a blank stare "I don't know." I said, "Well, the hottest thing right now is Mercy Me 'I Can Only Imagine'" and she then said excitedly "THAT'S IT!" That was one happy customer! It's amazing sometimes that people come in expecting us to read minds and pull stuff out of a hat! LOL



Sales were good this weekend and hopefully that will continue throughout the holiday season. I sure do miss being able to get to church though. Katie is telling me I am withdrawing from fellowship. True I choose not to attend Wednesday night service because I'm not interested in the studies being offered, but work is keeping me from Sunday service. I have made it to SaLT group whenever possible though. I have to say that when I am working so much, it is nice to be home when I'm not at work. I feel like I am rarely home at all, so when I have the chance, it's where I want to be.



I feel blessed to have a friend like Katie who holds me accountable. She is watching out for my spiritual well-being and that is a good thing. She is probably right in some aspects that I'm not where I should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment