Sunday, November 30, 2003

Answered Prayer- God's Messenger

This is an update to "Miracle Anybody?"



Today I woke up without a headache. Right about the time I arrived at church, my vision began to go and my head began to hurt again. Then I saw a man talking with my physician. During this time I was folding programs and preparing coffee supplies. The man came to get coffee. His son, Brian introduced him. His name is Barney. He began to tell me how he and his wife had been celebrating 49 years of marriage and was wondering if the man standing beside me was my husband. That happens to me often. We had a laugh and moved on to other conversation. After awhile I fixed a cup of coffee and mentioned that it might help my headache and my physician who is also a member of my church and a brother in Christ, began to converse with us and the topic of conversation was of course...my head. Barney shared testimony about how God had healed him because his church prayed over him and he talked about James 5 and laying hands. He shared his testimony about feeling God's presense and the prayers of many as he went in for 5 bypasses on his heart. (I have no clue if I said that right). There is so much more but I am simplifying it for time's sake.



Eventually, it was just Barney and I talking. He shared stories about God answering prayer as he was fighting for our country in the past and how he felt God's presense overwhelm him during times of great danger. Right in the midst of our conversation his face seemed to glow as his eyes filled with tears. It was so noisy that I couldn't hear him and he had to tell me again because I didn't think I heard him right the first time. He said that the Spirit just spoke to his heart and told him that God wants to heal my headaches.



When I heard him, I felt such a powerful presense of the Holy Spirit. It was as if nobody was in the room but me, him, and God. I had warm tingles running from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet and back up again. I know that what he said was from our Lord. He told me that the Holy Spirit was going to speak to me and tell me personally. I believe at that moment, that is exactly what happened. I felt a huge weight lifted off of me. I wasn't healed in that instant. In fact, I have a headache as I write this. But, for years I have wondered if God was ever going to deliver me from this misery or if it was something I would be plagued with for the rest of my life...like the thorn in Pauls flesh. There was such an immense sense of relief in that moment that I knew that my Lord has heard and does desire to heal me.



I don't know how many have read my first blog regarding this, or how many have prayed. I know there has been at least one. I know that God has heard and answered. Thank you. This is not the end of the story. I will continue to give updates as they occur.



To God be the Glory

No comments:

Post a Comment