Sunday, November 16, 2003

The Aftermath

Well, it's over....finally. Now I deal with the aftermath. I can't write much since President Bush is expected to arrive at any moment to survey the damage for federal assistance. I don't know which is in worse shape...my house...or ME! I couldn't get those girls to settle down until after 3 am! Sue had to work and has put in alot of hours this week and I have been exhausted myself. I didn't mind them being up as long as they weren't SCREAMING!!!!!! What is it with pre-adolescent girls and screaming???



Anyhow, the house is trashed and Tiffany let the girls in her newly painted room this morning (after she was told that it was off limits last night). I sacrificed my futon so that the girls could party in my room and keep out of the newly painted room. So, just before church this morning...she breaks the rules, they knock over the headboard to the bead, it slides down the wall and well....need I say more? I tried to paint over it but it still shows through. I only ask myself...why do I always clean before the kids have a party?



So, I'm in church today and my dear friend, Gwen is beside me. I don't know if we stand and sit and stand and sit as often a we did today on a regular basis. I don't usually pay attention. But, today it just seemed more obvious to me. The longer the sitting periods were between the standing periods, the harder it was to change positions. My legs, my arms, my back....they were screaming at me as loud as all those girls were screaming ALL NIGHT last night! I would grab Gwen and she would pull me up and then I would lean on her as I would slowly sit back down. Finally, the last time we stood up she said, "Why don't you just stay seated from now on?" Thanks Gwen! LOL. The message was good but it was very difficult to focus. I am exhausted. I have a Spanish test Tuesday. I have papers due. One of them is finished. I just have to make corrections. I only have gathered information on the other. I was waiting for a certain trial to end. I'm writing an unbiased (or trying to be unbiased) paper from a liberal and conservative perspective on the trials of Judge Roy Moore. It's for history. We could write about anything after the Civil War. I chose something that was history in the making. It's been interesting watching it unfold and planning my paper.



Okay I have sufficiently digressed. Now, I'm going to take a well deserved and desperately needed nap.



Buenos Tardes

No comments:

Post a Comment