Sunday, November 16, 2008

Harvesting

Harvesting

I am harvesting blessings amongst my trials. Justin is so far away and I miss him so much. Here, I have to deal with the aftermath of a terrible car accident and a traumatized daughter. The blessings....

Justin is doing so well and I am so incredibly proud of him. So many from friends and church members are writing and sharing letters with me that they have written back and forth. Tiffany and I have been surrounded by a plethora of love and support from our church family. They have rallied around us and there are a few who are trying to help me get going with another vehicle...and get Tiffany driving again. So far I have not been able to coax her to get back behind the wheel.

I took her to a progressive dinner tonight. It is an annual youth event with our church. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this; it is when the youth group travels from home to home to eat 1 course of a 4 course meal at each stop. They go to one home for appetizers, then the main course, then the desserts, then cocoa/coffee/tea/cider. This year they combined the last two in one house. That was the house where I volunteered to serve. It was such a sweet time of fellowship.

So, I started the day with a nice warm bath. Then, I met my best friend and daughter for lunch. Then, I came home and found lots of energy through the crisp, blustery fall weather. So, I finished cleaning and organizing Justin's room. It looks like a new place!

I wrapped up the day with the progressive dinner. We had dessert, cider, and hot cocoa, a cozy fireplace, great piano music (furnished by one of our youth), and lots of fun conversation.

Then, as I was leaving, I walked out the door to the smell of fireplaces burning...beautiful colored leaves, and a cool crisp fall breeze. It was perfect. I thanked God for my harvest of blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment