Thursday, December 09, 2004

Kids Say the Darndest Things

I was at work the other day and the children started coming in for the before school program. One of my favorite little boys (about 6 or 7 years old) walked in behind his mother. As she signed him in, I decided to make conversation and asked him, "Are you ready for a visit from Santa?"



With the most serious expression he replied, "Santa's Dead".



I assume by the look on my face he thought I didn't understand so he attempted to clear things up by explainint to me that, "St. Nicholas is the real Santa and he died a long time ago."



I realize that some parents teach their children about the real St. Nicholas instead of the legend of Santa Claus. However, this was most definately not the answer I had expected! Kids! LOL.



No comments:

Post a Comment